Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And the countdown continues...

Il y a 13 jours restant!

I leave in 13 days! I feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. Well actually, I am. But such is normal for someone experience all that I am right now.

It's really an unbelievable thing, to be going so far away for such a long period of time. And for me it's complex (as everything seems to be) because I'm used to travelling, and the idea of "leaving" is nothing new for me. But my brain is just now starting to register that this is not just the average vacation. In fact, it's not a vacation at all! I'm going to live there. Create a life there. Grow and change as a person there. It's crazy!

But I'm so happy, and excited, and thankful that it's France. Of all the places in the world I could end up, it's a blessing to be placed in France, a place that makes me truly happy.

I was reading through my old journal from the first time I ended up there, and how sad I was when I left. I was so heartbroken, and so desperate to make a way back one day. I had so many hopes because of that. To learn French, to stay longer. Now look at me! God is good.



I remember listening to this song so much when I came back, and feeling just like she does. I know it's corny, but it's true! I love listening to it now and not being sad, but knowing that my dreams are coming true instead. :)


<3

Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment