Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Almost Gone!

It's really late, I'm sleepy, and I haven't started packing yet so I am going to go to sleep ASAP so I can wake up at a decent hour tomorrow, but I just wanted to pop in with a quick update. I wanted to write more frequently leading up to my departure, but time is going by so quickly!

So I only have 6 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!

It's starting to hit me.

I've felt like a crazy person at times over these last couple of days because I have so many emotions that keep coming up. I either break out into a spontaneous dance start screaming out of pure excitement, or burst into tears, or just start getting short of breath, when I think about the move. Lol I guess I am kinda crazy, huh? This is such an amazing opportunity, and such a blessing to be moving to France! It really is my dream come true, and I can't believe it's real! And it will also be so amazing to be on my own for the first time! It's going to be so cool! I'm glad it's an apartment and not a dorm or something.

Over the weekend I celebrated my going away by salsa dancing thursday, country dancing friday, and having diner and going to a bar with music after on saturday. The most touching was saturday, because it was spent with my best friends. Going away has really made me stop and appreciate what I have here, and how fortunate I am to have great people in my life who love and care about me. It's one of the lovely side effects I guess.

So I also did something crazy today and GOT A TATTOO! It was really painful, but also a beautiful moment for me because it's such a major decision and my mom and sisters were there for me and encouraging me to suck it up and do it! :-) My tattoo says "faith" and is something that will really be meaningful to me in this experience!

La vie est trop bonne!

<3
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment