Thursday, August 18, 2011

J'ai Acheté Mon Billet!

Bonsoir!

Or I should really say "bonjour" because it's 3.a.m. right now! I couldn't sleep, so I'm on the internet reading through my e-mails from my contacts in France and my future flatmate.

Reading through these e-mails makes me wish I had started blogging sooner so I could share the joys of discovering new information bit by bit, because it really was (and still is!) like decoding the grand mystery that is my future in France. From randomly just deciding to call the academy all the way in France at midnight to find out which city I would be placed in, to discovering which schools I would be at, to making my first contact with the person who will be in charge of taking care of the assistants in france to my first contact with my roommate. All these small milestones are a part of the experience!

But I do have this recent news to share: I BOUGHT MY PLANE TICKET TO FRANCE! After realizing that waiting less than two months until departure wasn't such a smart idea, I became frantic and obsessed (just ask my friend Federica who's been staying at my house, I stayed up until about 3am and woke up the next afternoon and continued searching like some kind of fiend) about searching for the perfect flight within my budget.

So I ended up booking a flight with STA Travel for about 1,122. From LAX>CDG and returning CDG>Rome(layover)>NYC where I will chill for a bit and then do a one way back to LAX (have to purchase that one still!)

I am a Delta Skymiles member so I had to make sure this flight would count so I could rack up enough miles to cover my next flight to Europe!

The best advice I could give is not to wait too late to buy your ticket. Holding out for a sale is a good idea if your booking more than two months in advance, but any sooner than that is cutting it wayyyyy close! The price went up about 200$ when I did that! Yikes!

Until next time,

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment