Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A little update on my life!


My new home!

I know, I've been living here in France for two weeks now (WOW), and not a single peep. But I have a good excuse! I am proud to reveal that up until yesterday I have been living a completely disconnected life, with no cell phone and no internet connection at home. I've been able to sneak a few minutes here and there at the library or at the schools I work at but I never have enough time to write something!

So now that I have a reliable internet connection at home, I can update this blog and My Peace Love & Travel! I don't have enough time to write too much tonight because I have to prepare for my classes tomorrow and go to bed lol. But I'll tell you what my day was like today:

*Woke up at (around) 6:30am
*Got the bus to school at around 7:45am, greeted the bus driver "bonjour" and got dropped off at school about 30min before classtime.
*Walked in with the directrice (the principal) and immediately felt like I was in an icebox because it was FREEZING in the builing. Smiled and nodded my head in indimidation as she said somethings to me in French at a rapid speed. I understood about %5 of what she said, and didn't have the courage to ask her to repeat it lol
*Spent the day teaching eager French kids the "Trick or Treat Song" (including the smell my underwear part lol) and Halloween vocabulary. It was rediculously cute.
*Took the bus home, and on the way stopped at the boulangrie to get a half baguette for my lunch tomorrow and then Monoprix, kind of like a cross between CVS and Albertsons, to get some food.
*Walked home and did routine things like laundry and dishes.

I live in an apartment with two roomates. This is the first time I've moved out of the house and lived on my own or with other people so mundane things like laundry, dishes, and cooking for myself are kind of a big deal! haha

I promise I'll update more and post pictures when I get a chance! Hopefully this week!

<3
Bisous!
Francesca

1 comment: