Thursday, February 2, 2012

Uh, Happy New Year.........

Hi Everyone!

So I pretty much suck at keeping up with this blog. BUT it's really a good thing, because it's due to my lack of free time since November. I've been traveling like crazy. Since I made that last post, I've been to Madrid, Torino, Lille, RouenLos Angeles, Paris a couple times, London, Brussels, and Barcelona!! Amazing, right? It's all a part of this amazing experience.

I just read my last post, and it touched me because I remember so clearly how depressed I was when I first began this journey. And I distinctly remember the feeling of panic that would rise in my chest every time I thought about how many months I had left to go.

I officially have three months left.

In one day I'll celebrate (well, not really celebrate, but I'll look back and smile) because I will have been living in France for exactly four months. I LIVE IN FRANCE. I still can't believe it. And the funny thing is.... the thought of leaving so soon gives me that same sense of panic. Yikes! I'm praying for a way to have an amazing summer in Europe. I will keep you all updated.

In the meantime, I want to talk about how wonderful my stay in Los Angeles was. I was busy every day. I saw all my closest friends, went to the beach, spent time with my grandma, went to Disneyland and Six Flags Magic Mountain, soaked up the sun, and celebrated the holidays. It was so special. So special in fact, that it made me depressed to leave (I promise I'm not as emotional as I seem lol). I pretty much cried the night before I left until my first plane touched down in Salt Lake City, Utah for the layover that would eventually lead me to Paris.

All those feelings changed almost immediately once I landed in France. Strangely enough, it felt like returning back home. Everything was so familiar, and somehow my French came back to me stronger than before. I didn't miss a beat finding my way from the airport all the way back to my little Noyon, where my dear friend Federica was waiting for me. It was also cool because almost two minutes after the plane landed and I turned my phone on, my friend Yuko called me about our NYE plans in Paris. Life just fell right back into place.

January had it's moments, but all-in-all it was incredible. Bringing in the New Year in front of the Effiel Tower with five of my closest friends is something I never would have even dreamed of. It was so surreal. And to spend the next weeks traveling with them and hosting them in my home here was just a blessing. I'm so grateful.

And so now I'm just relaxing, saving some money and trying to budget for the next adventures. I'll try my best to update here more often!

<3
Francesca


I never thought I'd be so excited to get a pair of thermal underwear for Christmas.

My lovely city. Yes this is December.

Merry Christmas y'all!




I.love.these.girls.

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know you, I would think that you're always emotional haha.

    ReplyDelete